Packaging Center Backup Lead/Stitcher Operator
The Columbian has an immediate opening for one full time (30 hrs wk) night shift Backup Lead/Stitcher Operator in our Packaging Center.
Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- 22 paid days off annually
- Profit sharing & 401K plan
- Ability to frequently and effectively use hand tools to set-up and operate stitching machines and associated equipment.
- A high level of mechanical and trouble-shooting skills are required to operate stitching machines and make adjustments on the run as needed.
- Familiarity with computers to input, prepare and ensure accuracy of electronic downloads to inserter planning system and machine controls.
- Use forklift and pallet-jacks to deliver pallets of circulars to their proper position at insert machines, making sure there is no lag time in the availability of inserts needed by production workers. Previous lift truck operator experience a plus.
- Ability to perform maintenance on stitcher and associated equipment.
- A proven record of dependability.
- Must have the ability to work under tight deadline pressures and have good work attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and relate well with people.
- Basic math skills and detail oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be in good physical condition--able to lift 30 pounds routinely.
- Candidate will be trained as Insert Operator and must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
Please fill out an application and supplement at the front counter of:
415 W. 6th Street
Employment subject to pre-employment drug test
Other Career Opportunities at The Columbian:
- Single Copy Service Representative – Part Time
- Circulation District Runner – 25 Hours Per Week
- Multi Media Sales Executive
- Packaging Center Backup Lead Stitcher Operator
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or The Columbian, Attn: HR, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA, 98660-0180.
We are proud to offer a drug free environment. Pre-employment drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.