Full-time news reporter
The Camas-Washougal Post-Record, an award-winning weekly newspaper covering the communities of Camas and Washougal in Southwest Washington, is seeking a full-time reporter to cover city government, news features and other general interest stories.
We pride ourselves on providing hyperlocal journalism to the Camas-Washougal community and strive to produce exclusive, local stories that engage, excite and educate our readers. Our ideal news reporter is someone who can hit the ground running, work primarily out of our downtown Camas office and know how to make connections within the local community.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ news reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to cover hard news beats, write general interest community stories, break exclusive stories in print, online and/or on social media sites and enterprise in-depth news features
- Experience shooting photojournalism style photos
Located just a few miles east of the Portland/Vancouver metro area, near the western entrance of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, the Camas-Washougal area offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation enthusiasts, while still attracting those who appreciate the area’s many restaurants, art galleries, retail shops and family friendly community events.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, which includes profit sharing/401(k). If this is the job for you, please send a one-page cover letter, including your salary history, resume and at least three clips to Managing Editor Kelly Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 425 N.E. Fourth Ave., Camas, WA 98607. No phone calls, please.
Other Career Opportunities at The Columbian:
- Circulation Recovery Driver – Part Time - $500 Sign on Bonus
- Circulation Transportation/Distribution Driver – Part Time
- Circulation District Manager
- Page Designer – Full Time
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or The Columbian, Attn: HR, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA, 98660-0180.
We are proud to offer a drug free environment. Pre-employment drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.