Part-time sports reporter
The Camas-Washougal Post-Record, an award-winning weekly newspaper covering the communities of Camas and Washougal in Southwest Washington, is seeking a part-time sports reporter to cover high school level athletics.
We pride ourselves on providing hyperlocal journalism to the Camas-Washougal community. Our ideal sports reporter is someone who can hit the ground running, understand the language of high school athletics and know how to make connections with coaches and players in public school districts.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to report on sports events, enterprise sports-related news features and write profile stories on athletes and coaches
- Experience shooting sports photographs
- Ability to break sports news online and/or on social media sites
- Willingness and ability to cover night and weekend events, and sometimes travel outside Southwest Washington to report on state championship games.
Located just a few miles east of the Portland/Vancouver metro area, near the western entrance of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, the Camas-Washougal area offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation enthusiasts, while still attracting those who appreciate the area’s many restaurants, art galleries, retail shops and family friendly community events.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, which includes profit sharing/401(k). If this is the job for you, please send a one-page cover letter, including your salary history, resume and at least three clips to Managing Editor Kelly Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 425 N.E. Fourth Ave., Camas, WA 98607. No phone calls, please.
Other Career Opportunities at The Columbian:
- Circulation Recovery Driver – Part Time - $500 Sign on Bonus
- Circulation Transportation/Distribution Driver – Part Time
- Circulation District Manager
- Page Designer – Full Time
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or The Columbian, Attn: HR, PO Box 180, Vancouver, WA, 98660-0180.
We are proud to offer a drug free environment. Pre-employment drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.